Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Plugging Up A Site: Tars Tarkas

Although this is Dope-A-Palooza Month, I do feel the need to recognize worthy websites that give me my entertainment time's worth and are worth the effort of typing in their addy to visit.

In my never-ending search for entertaining websites on the 'Net, I tend to look for the same three things: subject matter I care about, a writer who knows what they're writing about and something FUN!

A lot of time it's rare to find a combination of all three criteria in one site. Aside from MINE, natch. But there are a few who do, in fact, keep me coming back for more. One of them is the one I'm about to let you in on.

TarsTarkas.net is a movie review site that goes one step further than others and contains some of the most twisted, arcane films ever created by man. There are a few of the titles here that even I have never heard of before, and for that fact alone, I give the man props.

Props to you, TT!

We have your kung fu, we have your horror, we have your foreign exploitation, we have your sexploitation, we have your Star Trek fan films, we have your Star Wars fan films, we have your Ghostbusters fan films, we have your films that are so absurd that they absolutely defy classification. They are all here and then some.

And I have seen no one else who enjoys writing in loving detail about films with titles like Ninja Cheerleaders, My Girlfriend is an Agent and High School Ghosthustlers (AH! I saw your eyebrows raise in recognition there! Don't deny it....).

I thoroughly enjoy the form of reviewing he employs here; Tars (if I may be so bold) lavishes as much detail as possible on each and every film he can possibly muster. The research and history he imparts to his body of work is something to behold. Even if it's a bad movie.

And something else: the ratings he give his films are oneof three: Good, Bad and Ugly! And woe be ye who desires to see an Ugly movie. With such titles in the Ugly stable as Hot T-Shirts and Emmanuelle 2000: Emmanuelle in Paradise, they are indeed classified as such for a reason.

So here is to Tars Tarkas: the owner, operator and CEO of a site that is indeed one worth visiting, revisiting and re-revisiting time and again. Good work, TT!

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment