Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, July 16, 2010

Amy Adams = Janis Joplin?

This news just got to me: Oscar-nominated cutesy-poo Amy Adams has been tapped to possibly play Janis Joplin in an upcoming biopic on Janis Joplin.

Guess what? This isn't news. Bette Midler basically played the same role in The Rose (1979) and a script for Janis' life story has been through so many revisions and rewrites and re-dos and passed around so many studios that the script itself has been around longer than Janis was alive.

No joke.

And many many actresses had been attached to this plum part. Not just Bette but Zooey Deschanel, Vanessa Hudgens, Pink even tested for the role when Penelope Spheeris was going to direct the biopic.

However, I think a lot of people are missing the obvious when it comes to casting Pearl. No doubt Amy Adams is a talented actress who could probably do a lot with the role. But I know of a singer who has not only the look of but also the passion and fire of Janis - and I've certainly heard enough of her singing to know that she is a dead ringer for hear in the vocal sense as well.

This young woman's name is driving me crazy because I cannot for the life of me remember her name and don't even know what songs she sings and therefore cannot give an example of what a good Janis she would make!!

GAAAAH!!!!!!

I'll get back to you on this but in any event, Amy, don't worry your head about it.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment