Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

My First "Oh My God NO" Post of 2010...

To be honest, I can see why they would hide this till now.

I was NOT a fan of Alvin and the Chipmunks on the big screen. Either time.

I was NOT a fan of The Flintstones on the big screen. Either time.

It seems to me whenever Hollywood runs out of ideas (which is pretty much every other hour) they pull out another remake, re-imagining, sequel, prequel, The Early Years, The Beginning or to-the-big-screen adaptation out of their collective (film) cans.

It's almost never a good idea when they do this with a beloved cartoon. And not just the ones mentioned above, either. Remember those two Rocky and Bullwinkle adaptations? Yes, TWO - there was Boris and Natasha and The Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle. And no, neither one of them did very well.

How bad were they? I'm mentioning them here, aren't I?

So what do they do now? Besmirch the loving memories of two of my favorite bears ever: Yogi AND Boo-Boo.

A Yogi movie? Pardon my abbreviations but OMG WTH IDK GRR. And there will be no LOL.

Just look at this crap:



I don't care if it has Dan Aykroyd's voice. I don't care if it has Justin Timberlake's voice. I don't care if Tom Cavanaugh plays Ranger Smith in spite of the fact that he is WAAAAAY too laid back to be Ranger Smith. This is the worst idea to roll off the production line since the Edsel.

Everyone involved with this project should be locked in a room with Snagglepuss and forced to listen to Pixie and Dixie sing Lady GaGa until their ears bleed.

Seriously.

So prepare for festreing boils and raining frogs this Christmas. In 3D.

If I were you, I'd look into buying your family one of those fallout shelters now; the world has officially gone to Hell in a pick-a-nick basket.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment