Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Bragging - My Latest Movie Acquisitions!

Not that I am a man to go around bragging to complete strangers about what good fortune has smiled upon me at certain intervals. Far from it - I prefer to keep my load under a bushel, so to speak, and just be content with what I have.

BUT...

When something really cool happens to me, I don't mind letting other now about it - so here we go.

A local video store chain was shutting down in my hometown and selling off their DVD stock...many of which I didn't already have, horrors of horrors. And since they were cheapy-cheap, I said to myself, "Self, what are you waiting for; get thine buttocks down there and grab up the deals!" Thanking myself for such forthright thinking, I did just that, as fast as my buttocks would carry me.

And what great deals I grabbed up; considering they were all used DVDs and very few of them had any blemishes of any kind, I got some GOOOOOOOOOOD stuff.

Like what, you may ask?

Glad you asked:

An American Werewolf in London
The Beach Girls and The Monster
The Beast Within
Broadway Danny Rose
The Cat from Outer Space
Ed Wood (Special Edition)
The Ed Wood Collection (that's right...ALL his movies in one collection, baby!)
Final Justice
Manhunter
Once Upon A Time in America
The Pink Panther (the Peter Sellers one - I'm not THAT much of a masochist)
The Purple Rose of Cairo
Re-Animator (2-Disc Special Edition)
A Shot in the Dark
Showgirls
Suspiria
Tank Girl
What's Up Tiger Lily?
Zelig

...and there's probably some more good deals coming this weekend, too!

So yeah; more movies to watch, more to review and more to love. What's NOT to brag about??

Okay, bragging is over...till next time.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment