Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, July 24, 2010

An Award? For Me? Oh, You Shouldn't HaveGIMMIEGIMMIEGIMMIE!

Well, look at this here: I GOT AN AWARD!

Actually, I won this as far back as July 13th, but the thing is, there is so much to get done on this end for me to finally display this on the site, that I had a lot of extra writing to do before I had a chance to show everybody what I won.

I'm not ungrateful. Understand that much. I just needed to finish my essay, was all.

And so, without any further adieu, I present my writings on the following:

THANK THE PERSON WHO GAVE IT TO YOU.

First and foremost, this is a very cool award to win and for it, I thank venoms5 over at Cool Ass Cinema (ooh, can I say that on my blog? Ah well...) for the recognition. It's one thing to follow someone and read their blog. It's an altogether different thing to follow and read and let them know that you fully and totally appreciate what they do. That's important. It's not lost on me, v5, believe me. Thank you so much for the award and I promise I will display this proudly and lovingly on my site for years to come.

SHARE 7 THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF.

1) The first movie I ever remember watching was when I had to be something like four years old. The movie was Santa Claus Conquers the Martians and I believe it is because of that remembrance embedded in my mind that I have followed the course in movies I have up to now. I could have remembered something like Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs or Winnie the Pooh, but noooo....

2) Like everyone else who owns a blog or spends a lot of time on the Internet, I am socially awkward. I don't feel like I connect very well with people face-to-face. I'd much rather write to them or leave messages on their machines than engage them in a face-to-face way. Thank goodness I can deal with my ineptitude constructively, but also thank goodness that I don't go to chat rooms and leave abusive messages to people I don't agree with. I leave that for everyone else; I have bigger fish to fry.

3) The people who created and inhabit the Bad Movie Message Board have helped me out of many bad personal situations and rallied around me when no one else would give me the time of day. Sometimes with kind words, other times with monetary help to pay bills. I feel I am in a better station in life now than what I was because of those people. You can't see me crying right now, but I am. I love those guys.

4) I keep a movie pass on me at all times. I received it for giving blood and, since it doesn't expire, I decided to keep it for something that must definitely be seen in a theater. I'm very picky about theater movies, though, so I'll probably be hanging on to it for awhile.

5) Ever since I adopted a personal policy of learning to say no when people try to force me into doing things I don't want to do, I've found I've gained more enemies than I have friends. Which is okay. Some of those people I had around me weren't worth having as it was, I found. I'm freer than I used to be, which is very Seventies of me, I find.

6) My weight's fluctuated my entire life. I'm 5 foot 9 inches and used to weight as much as 235 pounds and then lost down to 165 pounds in just over a year. I am now wavering between 180-190 pounds; I think that's healthy enough, seeing as I walk several city blocks to and from work every day and try to eat well. If I collapse of a heart attack all of a sudden, we'll know I should have lost more.

7) I'm always having dreams where I find myself in a vast empty cityscape that is full of ornate sidewalks, unusual building facades, some abandoned apartment buildings and shacks, towering bridges and land that sprawls from cement urban landscape to high-grass country lanes in a couple of blocks. The same places are always there, but there is always somewhere new I go and visit every time. I never know the name of the city I go to, but I'd like to think I'll be there someday.

PASS THE AWARD TO 15 OTHER BLOGS YOU'VE RECENTLY DISCOVERED, ARE ENGAGING AND OF PARTICULAR INTEREST.

Okay; we'll make this one quick: seeing that I follow literally dozens of blogs online, I chose the ones I follow the most intently and appreciatively (and I also made sure that they didn't already have this award. That's an important thing to check!)...

1) B-Movie Holocaust by kappa02
2) Micro-Brewed Reviews by W.B. Kelso
3) Coolness is Timeless by Keith
4) Danger Cinema by Danger Cinema
5) Cult Movie Reviews by dfordoom
6) Direct to Video Connoisseur bymattthemovieguy (aka: The Direct To Video Connoisseur)
7) four of them by Simon
8) Freddy in Space by Johnny Boots
9) Heart In a Jar by zenski
10) Horror Blogger Alliance by Horror Blogger Alliance
11) Next Door Critic by Sammy V
12) Invasion of the B-Movies by Jason Soto
13) Ninja Dixon by Ninja Dixon
14) Sugary Cynicism by SugaryCynic
15) The Scream Queen by The Scream Queen

There. Youse guys are officially appreciated.

Now, for all of you who have won this award, you have to follow the same rules I did when I got this -

* THANK THE PERSON WHO GAVE IT TO YOU. (namely: ME)
* SHARE 7 THINGS ABOUT YOURSELF.
* PASS THE AWARD TO 15 OTHER BLOGS YOU'VE RECENTLY DISCOVERED, ARE ENGAGING AND OF PARTICULAR INTEREST. (if I had to do 15, so do you....)

And thanks again to venoms5 for thinking so highly of me as to award me something like this. The quality of mercy is not strained, my friend.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment