Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, July 10, 2010

Another Not-on-DVD Update!

Okay, I had to get on here real quick and post this because, kids, this one is a shocker.

Many of you already know my love for the hard-to-find movies (NO!) and how thrilled I am to find one and know that I am one of the chosen few who actually owns it on DVD o VHS or whatever.

Well, there is a certain statute for some movies, I guess, when the company who originally released it decides that, yes, the public-at-large has waited long enough indeed and reaches the conclusion to throw us a bone and allow us our little victory and give us what we want.

For some of these, I get a little sad because it means that now I won't be one of the few who owns it - I'll be one of the hundreds of thousands who ALSO owns it.

But for others, I say - it's about flippin' time they got off their collective white-collar tuckuses and did this.

THIS is one of those "flippin' time" times.

The date will be September 28, 2010.

The company will be VCI Entertainment.

The sound of a little girl's squeal of excitement will be coming from you.

And the event will be the release of this:

Yes. That's right. You read me.

Amazon backs me up.

And so does VCI Entertainment themselves.
As hard as it is to believe, one of the greatest scarecrow-based horror movies ever made is FINALLY getting an official release. You may now do your happy Snoopy dance in front of your PC. I know I did one.

And why is this such a monumental occasion? because Dark Night of the Scarecrow has all the atmosphere, all the fright, all the heart-stopping, pillow-grabbing shocks and scares that good old-fashioned scary stories should have. It even features Charles Durning in all-out creep mode.
Trust me: even if you haven't heard of this movie before, you'll WANT to get this one.

If I already didn't have a great copy of this my own self, I'd be grabbing this new one up! But that's a collector for you.

Just to whet your now-quivering appetite for more, I leave you with the clip of the beginning of this classic horror...which is about to become a classic again.



Start saving your nickels and dimes, kids; and remember - my birthday's in a couple of months!


BUBBA LIKE!

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment