Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Plugging up a Site: Cake Wrecks

In my never-ending search for sites as skewed in their world-view as what I and my readers tend to steer towards, I have been wanting to give this particular one props because, for the three years they've been in existence, they have made quite an impression on the 'Net world, and they even have their own book.

Why don't I have a book? I need to have someone look into that....

As you may have already guessed by the hilarious picture accompanying this (or if you were paying any attention at all to the title of this post), my subject for today is Cake Wrecks, a site which celebrates the absolute worst of the worst of cake designing and mispellings of such simple words as "graduation", "congratulations" and "Happy Birthday".

Every once in a while, though, webmistress Jen will show us some absolutely beautiful cake designs and some astounding examples of what the icing and sculpting of fondant should look like. And believe you me, they are breath-taking.

But much like my site, wherein I celebrate just what makes bad movies bad, Cake Wrecks goes to great lengths to celebrate everything that makes bad cakes bad. You think you can just bake a cake, ice it and have something that can go on Cake Wrecks? Nope; it takes talent to be as bad as what is featured on that site.

After all, not everyone has the ability to make a complete disaster out of a Father's Day cake. Not like the pros featured here. No sir. Nope.

So congradulations (see what I did there?), Jen and everybody who helps and contributes at Cake Wrecks; this is one site that always brings a smile to my face and tears of joy to my eyes.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment