Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, August 1, 2010

ANOTHER Award??! I Guess My Content is Improving!

Can you believe this??!

Me neither, but it seems that Sammy V. over at Next Door Critic was kind enough to bestow upon me this award for...well, lessee...it's called the Happy 101 and...for some reason I have the "Ice Cream and Cakey-Cake" song going through my head.

Although it took me a good week to get this post up here, I am very much appreciative of this award, just as I am of anything else that is given to me as such. Sammy V., thank you very much for your kind gift and I want you to know that I will not wrong it.

Now, as is per the rules of such a gift, I must now follow the following rules:

SHARE TEN (10) THINGS THAT BRING YOU JOY:

1) Finding a title on my special list of movies that are either "out-of-print", "hard-to-find" or "very very special". It's a unique list and I still have yet to find everything on it. But when I do find something, it's a great feeling.

2) Chinese food.

3) Telling a joke or story that contains references that are extremely obscure (esp. references to early-Seventies TV and/or pop culture) and the person I'm telling it to not only gets it, but laughs appreciatively.

4) Supersonic Man. I could watch that movie every day for the rest of my life until the day I die and love every minute of it. God Bless Juan Piquer Simon.

5) When I discover people (online or in real life) who share the same level of love for obscure and hard-to-find movies that I do. That's more rare out here on the street than it is online, I've seen.

6) "Mystery Science Theater 3000"

7) Every time I read the book "The Hollywood Hall of Shame", I find myself giddy at the thought that even as far back as the heyday of D.W. Griffith and Darryl F. Zanuck, there was such a thing as a plausible failure wherein even fledgling Hollywood magic can be flawed. Great writing and so many examples of huge projects gone awry. You should go read it. Right now. Go.

8) A quiet uneventful day where I can sleep in late, do anything I want and not have to worry about the cold deadlines and forgotten errands which life tosses at you nastily intervening. And yes, I have days like that, and they are wonderful.

9) Watching my children succeed at what they do. It's such a marked contrast to my own childhood. They're going to have very good lives.

10) Anything black and white that has a flying saucer in it or a giant rubber monster attacking a scale model town. That's magic, right there.

And now it is time to:

PASS THIS AWARD ALONG TO 10 OTHER DESERVING BLOGGERS:

1) Andre at The Horror Digest

2) Scare Sarah at Scare Sarah

3) Daniel Johnson at Film Babble Blog

4) Rhonda, Brandon and Eric at Dollar Bin Horror

5) CiNEZiLLA at Cinezilla

6) Univarn at A Life in Equinox

7) simoncolumb at Screen Insight

8) Billy and Jeremy at Tower Farm Reviews

9) Morgan Rankin at The Kid in the Hall

10) Professor Brian O'Blivion at The Cathode Ray Mission

Remember, you ten; in accepting this award you must all follow the rules of Sweet 101 in order to place this proudly on your site. Those two special things I did:

1) SHARE TEN (10) THINGS THAT BRING YOU JOY

2) PASS THIS AWARD ALONG TO 10 OTHER DESERVING BLOGGERS

Okay, y'all - think of what gives you joy and think of ten more deserving blog-meisters out there you want to give something as special as this.

Now, I shall place this award proudly on my digital mantle and think about all the things that give me joy. Thanks again, Sammy V.; you rock.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment