Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, June 29, 2009

Momma's Gotta Understand.

I am very happy.

My mother has finally accepted the natural hair transitioning thing.

Remember when I showed you the pics of my newly shorter (by an inch) hair and my mom said she wouldn't let me cut it because she thought I would hate it, even though I effin' love it?

Well, look who's supporting me now suckazzz?

Ever since I started reading up on my hair, she noticed something. That I was becoming obsessed with being natural. I would tell her about conditioners and no shampooing and rarely combing my hair and all that jazz and she was getting tired of it. I came home every week with a new conditioner, new hair product, new oils . . . she told me that I would lose my hair. She told me that my hair isn't everything. She told me that my hair was just fine before "all of this," and that she doesn't know what made me want to be so focused on my hair. I would go to bed late doing twists and cornrows and she hated that. She hated that I had become to enthralled with my hair!

You can imagine how she felt when I wanted to cut it. She thought I went crazy. She started yelling, "Cynthia, that's enough. No. I won't let you. I don't know whats going on, your hair is fine. Look (she started picking at it). See? See? Its fine! You don't need to cut it! Stop with this nonsense!"

Well, a few days ago, after I cut my hair, I decided to attempt the wash-n-go, or in my case, co-wash-n-go. So an hour before I went to go take a shower for my summer class, I used my new VO5 Milk Conditioners, some honey and olive oil, blended it into my hair, put a shower cap on and after, I put my hair wrap over it, then an hour later I rinsed it out in the shower. Then, all I did was shake it, moisturized it with my own concoction of Aloe Vera oil, boiled water and my Organix Coconut Milk leave in moisturizer, sprayed all that into my hair and just left the house. My curls and kinks and coils came out nicely, and when she saw it, she couldn't speak. OK, I'm totally lying. She spoke. She said:

"T-Tia (nickname!), your hair looks so nice! Its so black and shiny . . . oooooh, look at the curls! It looks so niiiiiice!" I told her what I did and she just smiled and kept looking at my hair.

So two days later, I ran out of shampoo and I asked her if she could buy me some when she went out to go to the bank. So when she came back, she did the sweetest thing: She bought me Garnier Fructis shampoo, conditioner and this leave in moisturizer. I said, "Mom whats all this? I just asked for shampoo." She said, "Well, I saw how nice your hair came out the other day. And I was reading the label and it says its a leave in moisturizer so when you get out of the shower, just put this in your hair when its wet and there you go. And you're always talking about moisturizers and conditioners and stuff, so . . ."

I gave her the biggest hug EVA! Yep. Disney Channel Original Movie corny. I know. But it really did mean a lot. It wasn't easy having your mother bark at you for wanting to try something and all that. So I was glad she finally gave in. Now everytime i do my co-wash-n-goes, she looks at it before I leave to see if I did the right procedures.

CAN YOU BELIEVE THAT SHIZZOT!?!
TIDBIT: Result of co-wash-n-go at the right corner under my music player. That little bow is just a cut up leg from my little miss sis's pantyhose.

No comments:

Post a Comment