Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, June 28, 2009

Geez, I Leave For A Few Weeks, And Everyone DIES!

What in the hell is going on??!

I wasn't even gone for that long (comparatively), I was working on several other things, had a review I was working on for the site and everything and what happens before I can even finish it?

Mortality.

Mortality all over the freakin' place.

In the little time I was gone, it was like Death Works Overtime From A Holiday, what with this impressive roster of newly-deads:

Danny Gans...











Dom DeLuise...











David Carradine...











Ed McMahon...











Farrah Fawcett...











Michael Jackson...









Billy Mays...










...and that was just the ones I knew off the top of my search engine (Oops, I meant "head").

I guess it's kind of a rarity that so many famous people have died in such a short amount of time, but as far as that goes, it also calls to the fore that many people we grew up knowing and being entertained by are passing on, and not all by natural causes, either.

That's what irritates me more than anything. One celebrity has an ongoing investigation into his death, another's may be drug-caused, another was kind of at a young age for heart problems. Of all of them, Ed McMahon was the oldest, but his wasn't necessarily brought by natural causes, so to speak. It's all like Final Destination, only with a more-famous cast.

So, to reiterate the beginning of this post, what in the hell is going on? All the pop icons are passing at a quick rate here; soon all we'll be left with are the also-rans, the second-place winners, the "oh-yeah-I-remember-that-guy-is-he-still-alive" individuals.

In short, I guess I'm just feeling my own mortality with this post. Man, I'm too young to feel so old.

Dope out.

-TGWD

EDIT - And yes; I checked, and Henry Kissinger is still alive. I'm always surprised to see him still alive. Just a thing I notice.

No comments:

Post a Comment