Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Glamour's 70th Anniversary. Pop champagne!

See, now I'm gonna start subscribing to Glamour Magazine. Its great, I tell ya. They celebrated their 70th Anniversary with an American Icon photoshoot, where celebrities portray the women we've admired for 70 years. You've got celebs like Hayden Panettiere, Lindsay Lohan, America Ferrera, Rumer Willis and etc. portraying people like Billie Holliday, Michelle Obama, Audrey Hepburn, Carrie Bradshaw . . . I think pictures are in order. I picked my fave bunch!

EMMA ROBERTS / Audrey Hepburn


Aw, look at Emma. I must admit, she's blossomed into a prettiful young girl. I can't believe she's 18 already! Her smile is fresh, her updo is to die for, and her ensemble . . . gasp. She defined Audrey here. I adore Audrey Hepburn. I never got the chance to completely watch "Breakfast at Tiffany's," but I swear, one day I will. And I probably will enjoy it as much as everyone else did. Hello. She made "The Little Black Dress" happen.

EMMA STONE / Carrie Bradshaw

OH GEE! When I switched to this photo, I almost threw my glass cup at my screen. I LURVE Emma Stone! When I first saw her in "Superbad," I didn't even try to mock her for her manly type voice. Because, my voice isn't exactly sprewing with femininity. In fact, I like her voice . . . plus she's adorable, a great actress and an amazing model. I mean, look at how well she pulled off Carrie Bradshaw, man! Those shoes . . . that outfit . . . I can seriously picture the theme song to "Sex & The City" when I see this picture. Well done. I think I'm gonna go watch S&tC now . . .

LINDSAY LOHAN / Madonna

Erm . . . I don't really care for Lindsay . . . I mean, whatev. She's not a concern for me. Her talents gone down the drain, and she's spending her money like there's a 70% sale at every store she shops at, but . . . whatev. She does look great in this photo. Well done. And its funny cuz though Madonna is like the HBIC, I don't really care for all that much either. . . . Ha, next thing you know I put a post up saying I wanna have Madonna's babies. OH, but here is one thing I lurve about Madonna: She created an amazingly beautiful daughter by the name of Lourdes! That girl has uber style!

ALEXIS BLEDEL / Rosie the Riveter

Whooo, there is one thing about this girl that I will always admire her most for: her eyes are so piercingly blue . . . I can get lost in them. She's a great actress (Hola! "Tuck, Everlasting." Need I say more?) and I never got tired of her in "Gilmore Girls." I love that show, and miss it dearly . . . But I always knew there was something about her . . . I'm glad she has portrayed one of the sexiest hard working women to look so butch yet so feminine ever. I mean, I would love to pose as Rosie. Christina Aguilera did it in her video for Candy Man, and rocked that ish. It gives Alexis an edge, I guess. Actually, Alexis always had this edge. Its the characters she played that has phased us. But not anymore.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the women who portrayed . . . women! Great photoshoot, Glamour.

Pick a copy up today!

TIDBIT: What I liked most about this photoshoot is that they picked some females who aren't really in the limelight nowadays. Its fresh and sweetly nice to see. I hadn't expected to see Alexis or Emma (both of them) in this photoshoot. Nice choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment