Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Movie Review: DANCE FLICK


Alrighty! My first movie review. I was suppose to have one a good while ago for "I Love You, Man," but . . . yahh.

SO! Time to review: I am a funny person. I would like to think so! I love to make jokes, and I love when I laugh at a joke that will literally have me laughing hard and/or bawling my eyes out because it's so funny. When I saw the trailer and the numerous commercials for this film, I knew I was going to laugh my buttocks off. I didn't think. I KNEW. I mean, it's made by the Wayans Bros., who made the amazing first two Scary Movies. They are funny in a whole. That whole fam. So, seriously I would not pass up this opportunity. What opportunity?

My sister got two free tickets to see an advanced screening in NYC. I literally freaked. Free snacks. Free movie! Whoa buddy! So I went with her. The theatre was packed. Hooligans everywhere. So we got a good seat in the front, though everyone knows the middle seats are THEE best. So, there we are. Sitting. And then, we watch.

And watch.

And watch.

This movie is so. So. So. So. Soooooo. Disappointing. It is terrible. I partially blame ads for it because they basically played all the could-be funny jokes in the commercials, so when you watch it, you probably get a chuckle in. That's it. There are so many random parts that are parodies, that it comes to a point where you're like, "What does this have to do with the point?" They parodied Twilight (The Prom scene), Save the Last Dance, Stomp the Yard, You Got Served, High School Musical (Their school was called "Musical High School."), Step Up, Step Up 2 The Streets, Hairspray, Black Snake Moan (Yeah, I know. WHAT DOES THIS HAVE TO DO WITH ANYTHING?!) . . . so much. So much that was so unnecessary. It cluttered the film. And the "funny parts" were not funny! I mean, don't get me wrong. There are parts where you might laugh. MIGHT! But its not worth your money. Please. PLEASE! If you can, find it online. But it is NOT worth spending your hard earned money! Please!!!!


This movie gets: ♥//♥♥♥♥


Dance Flick? You FAIL!

No comments:

Post a Comment