Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

T-Minus 17 Days Till My Birthday...

As many of you well-know (and if you don't, spare me an hour or two of your time and I'll make sure you do know), I have quite an extensive collection of DVDs. Of course not so extensive that I'm not always looking for more.

No, not even when I'm this close to my birthday that I can see the lights on the candles and smell the creamy icing on the still-warm cake. Mmmm...warm cake....

Anyways, the thing is that I'm not necessarily just looking for movies that I don't already have (believe it or not, there are some I don't already have yet). More to the point, I am on the lookout for movies that are nigh well impossible to find, get a hold of, acquire or even look at their covers without sacrificing a family member for.

Well, for my birthday, I've found yet another acquisitional wish that would make me quite happy (until I think of the next title I want).

And today, that title is Drunken Wu Tang.




















a.k.a.: Gui ma tian shi, 1983. Directed by Cheung-Yan Yuen, Starring Cheung-Yan Yuen, Po Tai and Ping-Ao Wei.

"Oh good, another Kung-Fu movie", you may be saying. "Very good", if you happen to be me saying it!!

Because this, ladies and germs, is one of the most out-of-control movie of its kind ever made, with all sorts of people flying through the airs on wires, crazy martial arts fighting, people that look like rats, thin men who play grandmothers and...The Watermelon Monster".

Yes, that' s right: "
The Watermelon Monster".

I said "
The Watermelon Monster".

I'm serious, I tell ya; there is a creature in here guarding a room full of gold and other precious things that, for all the world, looks like a giant, two-legged, ambulatory, antennae-spouting, jabbering watermelon that prattles continuously in a squealy voice and gnashes its pointy teeth.

Oh yeah, The Devil's in it, too.

But "
The Watermelon Monster". He's top-billing, baby!

In fact, stop being a naysayer and watch this clip; judge for yourself.



See? Now you want it too, don'tcha?

But whose birthday is this? That's riiiiiiight.

So hold your horses till tomorrow.

Maybe there'll be another DVD on my want list then?

Prolly.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment