Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, September 4, 2008

T-Minus 16 Days Till My Birthday...

Now just so you'll all know, in case you've been paying attention, I am NOT constantly obsessed with movies, hard-to-find ones in particular.

I'm not.

I swear I'm not.

Just because my collection of such films probably makes your piddly little stack of DVDs on that small table next to your TV look like a proverbial drop in the proverbial well, that doesn't mean I'm obsessed with movies.

Obsessed is such an ugly word anyway. Stop using it.

Anyway, I don't constantly go around thinking about what movies I should get next.

No.

I don't.

I think about Star Wars, too.

You know...Star Wars? 1977? George Lucas? A boy, a girl and a universe? Heard of it?

Well, go here first, then come right back here.

Back? Good.

Anyway, I dearly and most honestly love Star Wars. Enough so that I can even forgive the trips into Jar-Jar Binks territory, that "sand" line and the emo-ing of Anakin Skywalker. In my mind and soul, I'll always be that excited pre-teen in my local theater, looking wide-eyed at the screen as a whole cast universe of characters enacted an adventure that would make me re-evaluate science fiction a a whole for the rest of my life. Until then, what was there to bridge the gap between this and "Star Trek"?

THX-1138, Fantastic Planet, Logan's Run, and that was about it.

But back to what want...I already have all the Star Wars movies (even the Holiday Special, which I love. Bite me.), except for The Empire Strikes Back, but I'll get it; don't worry.

What I really want - and the next item on my birthday list for today - is...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...

...an actual piece off of the original Death Star used in the '77 movie.
















Yeah, I don't want much, do I? : P

The reason? Besides the fact that it's Star Wars? Well, a few years back, our local mall had the honor of having a visit from one of the original special effects wizards from the firs SW film (...whose name totally escapes me at the moment! Grrr, darned old age...), and one of the things he brought with him were sections from the ol' Death Star itself. I was amazed they were in such good shape; he even told me they were throwing them out in a dumpster after the movie wrapped, so he dove in after them and grabbed up a few sections. As far as he knew, unless some other tech wizard dove in before him, there are few to none other of these pieces left.

That being said, why then do I think I, of all people, can dare to ask for a piece of the same said classic artifact for my very own?

Because, dear reader, hope springs eternal in the heart of the eternally young Padawan.

...that's me, I was being metaphorical.

So, there's another wish down on the old list. Gee, I better make room for all this neat stuff I'm gonna get, huh?

See ya later; I got some cleaning off of shelf space to do.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment