Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

americana!

for some reason lately I have been super into americana. the good stuff -- basically, anything that invokes a sort of nostalgia for me, even if I can't place why -- not the incredible myriad of bad stuff. I know america sucks hardcore, but here is some americana stuff I am into at the moment:


jack and diane by john mellencamp (the song and by extension, the people in the video)






new jersey diners


the beach boys (and by extension, the beach boys w/ uncle jesse)



robert johnson



going to baseball games




and here is some "typical" americana stuff I am NOT into at the moment:


hot dogs



"americana" art




misogynist bible thumpers


please feel free to add to this list or rebuff anything on it!

No comments:

Post a Comment