Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, September 15, 2008

I <3 travel blogs!

I heart travel blogs. especially when they are people that I know. a couple of my friends have travel blogs that I am super into, even if I don’t read them religiously. I am way into them b/c they provide me with an opportunity to faux-experience for my broke self what it is like to spend a month in Italy, 3 months in Hong Kong, or a year in Argentina. wayyyy better than a douche-y travel book telling you where to go as a tourist. and when it includes pictures of food, even better!!!

Here are some awesome travel blogs (some friends of mine, some peeps I don’t know, some I've already mentioned here):


Soom and Cosmo way south of the border (

Buenos Aires, Argentina):

who they are: 2 american fellas, working and living in buenos aires, learning spanish and the culture
what they post about: integrating themselves w/ the locals, the food, going to futbol games, drinking




The Slums of Shaolin (China):

who he is: an american guy by way of oakland, ca, living and working in china
what he posts about: the food!, traveling, observations, daily life in china, what he expected vs. what is different




La cantina ratti (Alba, Italy):
who she is: an american missy and her friend(s), living in italy and working at a winery
what she posts about: mistranslations, getting into the italian work ethic, learning italian, cultural differences




Elyse Sewell's Journal (Hong Kong and Korea):

who she is: an american working as a model in asia (the chick from america's next top model)
what she posts about: the food, hilarious translations, cultural differences, living with a bunch of models




I'm gonna pitch an idea to a magazine about writing an article about the evolution of travel blogs!

ps please feel free to leave other travel blogs in the comments section!

No comments:

Post a Comment