Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, September 20, 2008

I'M OOOOOOOLLLD!!!!

Yes, I am.

Today, the birthday boy sits here, cake in hand (Oreo Brownie cake, TYVM) and pours over the gifts he has received:

* My boss at work (gotta great job as a legal assistant, by the way) not only treated me to a Chinese dinner a day early, but today she took me to the local movie rental place and (knowing full-well how much I love movies) got me the following DVDs on sale:

The DaVinci Code
Pan's Labyrinth
Hot Fuzz
Citizen Kane

...now, how many of your bosses would do that for you? Thought not.

* Next, my daughter hand-made me a card which she drew herself and did all the inside artwork on. A chip off the old block, she is (sniff)...I'm so proud.

* My wife got me the aforementioned cake and, though we were both busy today, took the time to spend with me this afternoon and wish me a happy birthday and snuggle a little while before we went off on our respective errands for the evening. We're rushed, but we're still happy together.

See? It doesn't take much for me to be a happy old codger. Heck, I even got well-wishes for the day from my new pals over at the boards on Badmovies.org - thanx guys; you all rock!!

So it was a good day;. Getting old doesn't hurt when you have friends to help you.

Now, about that list of stuff I've been asking you all out there to get me....

(oh heck; there's always next year. Humpf.)

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment