Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

girls just want to have fun

omg last night I was watching "the best man" and during a commercial I changed the channel and I came across this movie
which I had never seen before but immediately started to watch (it was about 30 min in). it is amazing. a total 80s teen movie that incorporates all the best parts of 80s teen movies (and sjp is in it).
for example there was:
  • a strict parent and annoying sibling
  • a cute "bad" boy
  • a cool best friend that has amazing 80s new wave fashion sense (helen hunt!)
  • the bitchy rich girl who is sjp's nemesis
  • a young-later-became-famous person (shannen doherty)
  • a yuppie party that is crashed by 1) fashion punks, 2) new wavers, 3) women body builders, 4) a motorcycle gang, 5) art weirdos <---aka best scene in the movie
  • a dance-off

overall, I was way into it. as everybody knows, I did not have a childhood, so this could definitely be one of those movies that I just totally missed and everyone else saw, but if you haven't seen this, go netflix it now

this is sjp, shannen doherty, and helen hunt watching the party they made everybody crash

sjp's hair totally changes from scene to scene. like one second it will be blown out straight, then in the next shot it is way puffy, then the next shot it is straight again. too funny

sjp is the straight and narrow gal and helen hunt is the bff rebel ("rebel")

requisite 80s movie rich bitch


Here is a classic quote:
[Drew sees a pretty girl walk by]
Drew: "Hey, beautiful, stop lookin', you found me!"
[Girl turns around. It is Maggie.]
Maggie: "Great!"
Jeff: "Nice goin', Drew. I always wanted you for a brother-in-law."
Drew: "She's a punk."
Maggie: "You really think I'm punk? Wow, that's outrageous! I mean, it's not as cool as new wave, but it's a lot better than pre-teen!"





whoa. I just found the final "dance-off" scene, so if you have 6 minutes to kill, I would def recommend this:






ps if anyone has seen this movie, at the rich chick's party you know how there is a band? is the drummer bruce willis? b/c it really really looks like it but I think he was famous by 1985 so then why would he be in it? right?

No comments:

Post a Comment