Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Blog Before Christmas...

'Twas the night before Christmas,
And on my PC
Was a white blogging page
Staring blankly at me.

"What should I write on,"
I wondered aloud.
"Should I do something different,
Or follow the crowd?

"I could talk about movies
Like so often before,
Or rant on stupidity
And become a huge bore.

"Maybe comment on people,
Their foibles and faults,
Or post a review
From back in my vaults...."

Then all of a sudden,
My thick neural matter
Got hit with a thought
So hard that it splattered.

The idea was so good
and original too,
How could it miss:
I'll blog about YOU!

Yes you, faithful reader,
Who keeps coming here
And reading my Dopeyness,
Year after year.

From my first film review
To my rants and my fears,
And YouTube disco vids
Coming out of my ears -

You all stuck there with me,
Through thick and through thin,
And kept up my spirit
When things looked real dim.

Even Andrew, my pal,
Who gave me a domain
And advice ever-useful;
Of pals, he's my main!

And Patrick, your postings
Are always a hoot.
A good friend you are,
And great blogger, to boot!

There's some out there, though,
Only nastiness give;
But the 'Net's a big place,
So live and let live.

For those of you readers
I've forgotten to thank,
Good wishes and tidings
You may take to the bank.

So as you celebrate tomorrow
With presents and cheer,
Here's wishing you good things
Into the new year.

Now hear me exclaim
As I wrap up this post:
Happy Holidays to all,
And to all a good...nost.

...so I fizzled out at the end - at least I finished it.

Whatever you celebrate tomorrow, may you have a good one, may all your friends and relatives be well and may you enjoy and appreciate what you have.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment