Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

LAMMY 2011 Self-Promotion Post 3

Now, this far along in the LAMMY Awards process, there are many deserving bloggers out there who more than deserve your votes.  And believe you me, I'll be voting for a few of them my own self - especially seeing as how I can't go and vote for myself.  Anyway, I still have to be out there and shill for myself because, after all, we bloggers are usually our own cheering section.  Believe me, I know this.

Now in this latest segment, wherein I cheer myself on to victory, waving my straggly little pennant, ready to shower myself with stale Gatorade at the end of my grueling 5000K run, I shall help you make a decision as you consider the LAMMY Awards ballot there in front of you, going over every choice with labored thought and fair-and-unbiased consideration.  And also explain why you should think about penciling me in for

FUNNIEST WRITER

Okay, maybe not THE funniest ever - there's always the guy who writes all those Rob Schneider scripts to consider for the next Mark Twain Award, after all - but I do my fair share of humorous writing here...in-between bouts of crippling depression and Monster-fueled rants and angst.  I mean good grief; I have to find humor in the fact that I'm sitting here in my underwear, one leg propped up on my computer desk (pleasant dreams), thinking about how to inject humor into a movie like The Klansman or make Rebecca Black sound entertaining in spite of herself.  

(mellow piano music in background)

Besides which,  how often in your day do you think about up to 20 cool things about anybody?  Make fun of foreign posters?  Bad American posters?  Envision clumsy robots stumbling over a defenseless town?  Let's face it: there's not enough hours in the day, so I do it for you so you'll have one less thing to worry about.

So think about whether you've laughed about a post here.  Or laughed AT a post here.  Or laughed about something else while reading a post here.  Or laughed in general and thought about me.  Or someone else laughed and you overheard them saying "great" or "dope" or "white" or any combination thereof.  If you can say yes to any of those, or half of those, or even the part about me sitting in my underwear, think about me, TheGreatWhiteDope, as the Funniest Writer for the 2011 LAMMYs.  Do it for the children.

(piano music ends)


And about the underwear thing, relax; it's a tasteful bikini cut.  

If I win some LAMMYs I'll show 'em off for ya.  

Come on.  Seriously.  Come on.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment