Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, November 27, 2010

Does Anybody Else Remember THE DING?

I was just sitting here thinking and maybe someone else out there can help me with this:

Do you remember THE DING?

You know...THE DING.

If you'd heard it, you'd remember it.

Back as a youth when I would watch TV, back when there were only three stations to choose from - if the weather was clear, and FOUR if we could get the signal to come in strong enough - there were typical shows I would watch regularly after school; you know, the typical cartoon show, "I Dream of Jeannie", "Gilligan's Island", that kind of thing.

Then...when 8:00 PM, EST came around, and there were something we wanted to watch on CBS, we would wait for the magic time, 8:00 PM would come around and, just as the clock turned and the screen went from local commercial to black and the network feed kicked in,

...we heard it.

THE DING.

That's what I'm talking about. THE DING.

I have spoken with several people as I grew older and none of them remember THE DING, even though they are just as old as I am and they had to have had a TV in their homes growing up. For awhile, I even doubted myself that THE DING even existed, and chalked it up to being something I fantasized about as a child...that and the family of talking mice in little human clothes I played with.

Turns out, only ONE of those was imaginary.

Because today I came across THIS little video that someone was nice enough to post awhile ago which proves that I am not, repeat AM NOT, off my rocker!

Watch this and pay particular attention between 0:27 - 0:28...



THERE!

DIDJA HEAR THAT??!

THE DING!!!

There it was, you heard it, right?! It existed! THE DING existed!

Now I can simply show this to all those naysayers in my life and prove to them, beyond the shadow of a doubt, that THE DING LIVES!!

I'm so happy.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment