Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, January 26, 2009

"the not rape epidemic"

this is a fabulously written essay by Latoya Peterson about how (unfortunately) nearly every single girl or female is "not raped" in her life and rationalizes as such. ranging from, "well he only grabbed my ass, it's not like he raped me," to "he knocked me on the ground and grabbed my boobs and kissed me when I said no, but it's not rape," and beyond.

I think this is a wonderful essay that girls AND boys should read, and then pass it on to everybody they know. and it should be required reading in health class.


they talk about it on jezebel's site -- tatiana, the anonymous model talks about it in terms of the fashion/modeling world (her posts are literary and always an interesting peek into life as a model).


the only thing latoya doesn't touch upon which I think is a very important aspect of this subject is how to balance protecting yourself/acting smartly in situations and being fearful everytime you walk down the street.

No comments:

Post a Comment