Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

love is a mix tape

I have yet to read high fidelity, but I love nick hornby and I’ve read a bunch of his essay collections. Music plays a huge role in his writing, which I am into, and I just came across this book that I haven’t read yet but am going to get from the library this week, called “love is a mix tape.”


It’s by rob sheffield, a rock critic, and it is about how he met his wife in 1989 and she was a punk and he was a nerd and they fell in love and then she died unexpectedly in the late 90s but throughout the book he documents different mixed tapes he made (“falling in love mixtape,” “breaking up mixtape,” etc).



Mostly I want to read it to see how my music knowledge/tastes line up with his, but it seems like a sweet story, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment