Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

The Art of Marriage Maintenance

I was reading this article in the NY Times a few days ago about rich psychiatrists and their crazy-loaded patients, and how sometimes when therapists have rich clients they fall into the trap of wanting to be their friend b/c (apparently) everybody loves rich people, but they interviewed this one psychiatrist dr. karasu who totally knew his shit and was amazing so I googled him and he is awesome and wrote a book w/ his psychiatrist wife called “The Art of Marriage Maintenance.”



Usually “the art of _____ maintenance” books bore me (I’m talking to you motorcycle maintenance), but I will also be getting this book from the library. I think it is important to put work into a marriage (not that it should be hard work, but I don’t think you can just laissez-faire it till the end), so I am excited to read this.

The only thing that I know I already disagree w/ in the book (from a comment/review on amazon) is I guess there is a chapter where they talk about how you shouldn’t share a bathroom w/ your partner, or sometimes even sleep in different beds b/c then you stop seeing each other as sexual beings or something, and I deff don’t agree w/ that. I mean first of all, what if you’re not rich enough to have two bathrooms/two bedrooms, but second of all, sex (like everything else) comes and goes in waves, and I only think you should be worried if you haven’t boned in a couple months or something. Plus seeing each other as sexual beings does not necessitate sex. I think a good make-out sesh a few times a week can keep you both seeing each other as sexual beings. I think I just used “sexual beings” too much. Anyways, I will definitely be checking this shit outttt

No comments:

Post a Comment