Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, August 18, 2006

It's A Bird, It's A Plane, It's Super(sonic) Man!

I know; I'm later than usual but I had to share this.

You remember Superman: The Movie (1978) and my preference to Chris Reeve as opposed to ol' what's-is-name, whoever's playing him now. Okay; anyway, didja know that other countries like to rip off OUR film hits?

Sound like I changed gears mid-sentence? I didn't really, because that leads me right into Supersonic Man, which is itself a dead-on ripoff of the '78 Supes and takes every minute of film to convince us it is indeed a ripoff of the highest order. Hey, in spite of it being in Italian (the UNdubbed version, anyway), the people having different names and a mostly Italiano cast (save for maybe Cameron Mitchell, who's starred in just about anything), they're the same.

With one big diff - Superman: The Movie was good.

Now, to get you acquainted with your new favorite movie (if you like crap, that is, like I do), here's a link to a detailed review of the flick from fellow bad movie endurer Ken Begg at his site Jabootu.com

And as if that weren't enough (and holy cow, it shoulda been), here is a small clip from the film. Now, if this doesn't solidify it in your mind as the ripoff to end all ripoffs, you probably need to watch it a few more times.



Now, say it with me: Viva Italiana!

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment