Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, March 7, 2010

Oscar Results 2010 - Was I Right???

Okay, here we go again....

Typing up the Winning Nominees as they come up, I refuse to watch "that show", and so am looking at the winning list online as I watch the latest Food Network Challenge (Steak Cook-Off tonight. Yum...), just to see if yet again I made a clean sweep and my choices for non-winners did indeed do me proud and NOT win.

Of course, all of you know it's not whether you win or lose...it's how much money you had to pour into the Oscar coffers to insure yourself one of those little gold statuettes. Geez, I tell you what; those guys must be millionaires - right down to the Oscar interns....

So. Now, let us knock 'em off, shall we?

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - WINNER, Christoph Waltz (Inglourious Basterds) Well. That was a surprise. And yet, I was right. Sorry, Woody - maybe if you talk to your agent about that People Vs. Larry Flynt sequel....

BEST ANIMATED FILM - WINNER, Up (director, Pete Docter) Two for two, not that I didn't expect that; it's a Disney AND it's a Pixar. How could it miss? And what was Belgium thinking?

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - WINNER, Mo’Nique (Precious: Based on the Novel ‘Push’ by Sapphire) Good for her, you know? I'm glad she won and all, but it just goes to show that no matter who won, Penélope Cruz didn't. So, three for me....

BEST ACTOR - WINNER, Jeff Bridges (Crazy Heart) Hey! An actor I really care about! Great! And even better that my prediction also held true for poor Jeremy Renner. Hang in there, pal; your agent will get enough money to bribe the Oscar committee someday....

BEST ACTRESS - WINNER, Sandra Bullock (The Blind Side) Kinda figured that's how it would go. But don't feel bad for Meryl; she's had enough noms of her own - besides, she can't give ALL her money to the Oscar guys, gotta save something for retirement, y'know.

BEST DIRECTOR - WINNER,
Kathryn Bigelow (The Hurt Locker) How about that? Not the fact that a woman won for Best Director for the very first time in Oscar history, but that my average is still holding. One more to go....

and we can all finally go to bed with the announcement of...

Lake Whitney Meat Company, the winners of the Best Steak in Texas!

Oops. Sorry; wrong show (that's what I get for watching one and writing about another) -

BEST PICTURE - WINNER, The Hurt Locker Amazing! Who would ever have believed that anyone could do it? Guess every single loser with such accuracy, that is? I did!

There you have it - another year of winning predictions from THE man in the know! Me! Ha! Well, in the know as far as losers go.

Gee, when I put it that way....

Till next season, Oscar Loser Watchers.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment