Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, March 21, 2010

A dilemma AKA Heart Of The Bumrise



I know I'm not the only person out there who watched Buffalo 66 and ended up rewinding the strip-club scene towards the climax of the movie where Billy goes to kill Scott Woods over and over and over as it's one of those scenes which is just a perfect union of sound and image. Billy walking in slo-mo before it became a device run into the ground by shitty British gangster and footballl hooligan movies, the breasts, the asses, the arrangement of shots by Gallo and his cinematographer Lance Acord, the expressions of the dirty old men, Scott Woods dressed as a Chippendale surrounded by a bevy of bitches in his booth, the frozen head shots where the camera stays moving during the 2 shootings and, crucially, the use of Heart Of The Sunrise by Yes exquisitely soundtracking the whole affair to the point where you'd swear it was a piece composed especially for the scene, rather than the opening of a song by Rick Wakeman and his merry band of 70s Prog-Rock dinosaurs.

Yes - Heart Of The Sunrise



Damn, that shit is like a couple of members of Don Caballero and NoMeansNo jamming out over the top of Popul Vuh's soundtrack for Aguirre, Wrath Of God, but when I finally tracked it down (unfortunately, this was back in those pre-downloading home internet days of the late 90s so I had to actually go out and find a copy of the Yes LP it was on which cost me a tenner from a used record store owned by a guy with a mullet who eyed me up with suspicion) I found out the song comes to a juddering halt at 3.20, switches tempo, and then spends another 7 or so minutes as one of the Marillion songs my uncle Harry once played to me when I told him I'd started to enjoy some 70s rock.



Obviously, I meant The Stooges and Black Sabbath not preposterous Prog-Rock groups with OTT vocals by a guy who sounds like a Cornish woodwork teacher, but I didn't wanna hurt my uncle's feelings or insult his taste. Fam luv, yo. Anyway, 7 plus minutes of Prog-Rock noodling with airy-fairy vocals just won't do at all. I want to be able to listen to the first instrumental 3 minutes and 20 seconnds of the song on repeat as I take a bubble-bath, man, but I can't do that without suffering the final faggoty 3/4 of it, and the 7 or 8 extra minutes of nonsense the song is taking up on my already crammed Mp3 player could be better used housing at least 4 Big Noyd tunes, or Neanderthal's Fighting Music 7", or some more Frankie Valli & The 4 Seasons songs, or a couple of track off that new Brotha Lynch Hung album, which is far better than a 2010 Brotha Lynch Hung album has the right to be.



So, what I'm basically asking here is can someone with Mp3 chopping software download the song from the above Divshare embed, snip the song off at around the 3:20 mark, dispose of the remaining 7 or 8 minutes of Proggy flotsam & jetsam, and hook up those glorious 3 minutes and 20 or so seconds of instrumental madness for me? Pwlease? I'll be your BFF.

*EDIT* much gratitude to Step for the Mp3 sculpting work and hook-up :

Yes - Heart Of The Sunrise (Buffalo 66 edit)



Now you too can live out your Billy Brown In The Strip Club In Buffalo 66 fantasies as you potter about in your kitchen cooking rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment