Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, September 13, 2009

Why I'm Saying "No" to Facebook...

For some of you out there, you can't live without turning on your PC and logging on, seeing what is going on in the world (or the cyber-world, at least) and maintaining your many profiles in your many forums you take part in.

I know you're out there - I'm one of you.

But then there is this whole Facebook thing out there that, I guess, everyone and their brother is a part of, maintaining little cliques in and posting little quizzes, polls, games, pictures and so on.

I thought that was a blog, but what do I know?

Anyway, now the little woman (i.e. - the missuz) has her own Facebook thingy and is pestering me to get one as well, so we can both keep in contact with the extended family - who also seem to have Facebook profiles, too.

I, myself, choose not to participate.

Why?

1) I'm involved with too many online things (this blog, several forums) not to mention real life, to have something else on my virtual plate.

2) I was too badly stung with a bad experience on MySpace to try some other stupid thing that'll end up being more trouble than it's worth. Feh.

3) I don't even have a Twitter thingy; I have too much to write about to limit myself to one sentence. Why would I stretch out my writing on some other project that going to be just something else to come up with things to post on? Yarsh; I'm stressing to come up with things to stretch this out to post-worthy length...not that I have trouble with it, mind you.

4) More people to keep track of? Gee, lemme think - do I really need to keep track of a WHOLE NEW LIST of people on another forum or whatever they call these groups on Facebook? I'll say NO.

It's a short list, yes, but that's the main reasons I'm staying away from Facebook. After all, I think I can maintain my 12-membership little blog here and be perfectly happy Here, I am the master of my virtual domain. On Facebook, I'd just feel like one of a million others screaming to be heard.

Here, I'm still screaming, but I can hear myself.

See? You think I'd get away with a whole rant like that on Facebook? I think not.

Now if you'll excuse me, I gotta think about what my next post is gonna be about...AH! Got it! Haven't started complaining about the futility of Twitter yet, have I? Better start talking notes.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment