Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, September 18, 2009

A Project I Thought Was Long Gone...

Okay, funny story: a long time ago, I was in a creative frenzy and busier than busy making videos under the banner of Second Street Productions. I had made about four or so and was doing quite well, I thought....

Until someone on YouTube (let's call him TurtleWerms, since that's who he was) got all pissy because I posted an altogether unrelated and unclaimed-as-my-own video on my channel awhile ago that he had made and threatened to sue me into oblivion if I didn't take his work off my channel, claiming I was infringing on his copyrights, calling names and otherwise being a cyber-bully.

First of all, I was not the only person that had his video on their channel or that thought he was long since gone from the web, since the video in question was at least 3-4 years old and he had no website to back up his claims (seems he slapped one together quite arbitrarily after the fact).

Anyway, he continued to post comments on that particular video (which I quite clearly labeled as his work and not my own as he claimed otherwise), calling me every name under the sun, creating a libel case that would make Dominick Dunne salivate with glee and successfully petitioned YouTube to have the video removed by force (under a claim from TurtleWerms, Inc. Oh, brother). Not only was my channel affected, but so were a couple of others, if I recall correctly.

That should have been the end but soon after that, two other videos that I had made, music video takes on the David Lynch classic Eraserhead (cool movie, check it out), were similarly noticed and removed from my channel by a claim from Absurda (which, on looking it up, is apparently the name of David Lynch's production company).

Whether or not this was THE actual Absurda or just something that someone (I couldn't imagine who...) came up with just to be a petty little werm...sorry...I could not venture a guess. Maybe it was legitimate, maybe not. These occurrences did seem to happen rather close together, I noticed.

The point is, both of those projects were gone.

Until, that is, just recently.

Awhile ago, I typed in the name of one of my long-gone projects in a moment of curiosity, just to see if it was still around anywhere. Not on YouTube, unsurprisingly, but, somehow, it WAS somewhere else.

I don't know how, but I found a copy of my long-lost masterpiece that had over 20,000 hits in its heyday on YouTube.

And so, I downloaded it, have it back on my PC where it belongs, several copies made and am ready to re-release it for you, my faithful 12 readers to rediscover. Again.

So; in your face, TurtleWerms!

Here is the third project from Second Street Productions, once thought long-gone but now back in all its glory, after a two-year-or-so absence: ladies and germs, I present to you...

ERASERHEAD: DA HOMIE





Ahh...it's good to have it back.

Oh, the funny part? I almost forgot. TurtleWerms is now completely gone from YouTube, and not even his little website exists. Those videos of his? Gone, too.

Ironic. Too bad.

Oh well....

Now, if I can just come back across my Eraserhead/Santana hybrid - THAT was one great piece of entertainment.

Dope out.

-TGWD

PS - And as always, critiques are allowed and encouraged (as long as they are positive, of course).

No comments:

Post a Comment