Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, June 3, 2008

j'aime la nouvelle vague!

I love french new wave (plus post-new wave umbrellas of cherbourg, technicolor non-stop musical, galore! also, the pic below). the black-and-white film, the existentialism (which I usually have no patience for -- I'm talking to you, thoreau), the using-your-wife-as-a-lead-actress, all of it.



even though I haven't seen more than 10 nouvelle vague films, I enjoy them. especially when they have subtitles so I don't have to rely on my shitty french. anyways, I totally thought jean-luc godard was dead, but apparently, he's not. and that reminded me. if you are bored on a weekend, do these 2 things:

read Pascal's Pensees (a french philosopher's, literally, "thoughts")


and then rent eric rohmer's Ma Nuit Chez Maude. or, rent the movie, and then read pensees. it's really up to you.




I was going to go into why they are good together, but I don't feel like typing anymore so basically 2 dudes in ma nuit chez maude have a philosophical discussion about a couple things in pascal's pensees, and if you've read it and kinda know what they're talking about, it is really sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment