Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, April 26, 2008

The Wellcome collection

Yesterday Mr. Fantasy and I went to visit the Wellcome Colletion, which is not a shitty place to buy souviners and use the toilet when you enter a new state (like in america) but actually a small collection of galleries and special exhibits all touching on the common theme of medicine. The collection was originally started by Sir Henry Wellcome.

My first favorite thing was a sculpture by John Isaacs called 'I can't help the way I feel'


I also was really into the special exhibition called 'Life Before Death' which is a collection of photos of terminally ill people one close to their death and then one just after, with a little bit of information on them and how they felt about their life and their soon to be death. It wasn't depressing at all actually, and I actually felt a bit up lifted after leaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment