Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, April 4, 2008

true confessions

I recently finished a book I've had on my bookshelf for like 6 months that I just never got around to reading called true confessions by john gregory dunne and I loveddd it

I bought it after I read joan didion's (his wife) the year of magical thinking about her life after he dies and I wanted to read his shittt






and I was super into it and reccomend it to all, especially if you are v. into LA/Hollywood set novels about murder and detectives in the 1970s and 1980s who think they are in the 1940s. I especially think muffy crosswire will like this.



what I esp. liked about it was there wasn't a specific protagonist. the main cop I guess is the dude who it all revolves around, but they have little parts 3 or 4 times in the book where someone else (his lover, his brother, etc) is the narrator for a bit.




also, I guess they made a movie out of it, too, where robert deniro plays the priest-brother and robert duvall plays the tough-cop brother, which is now on my list to-see.


hayyyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment