Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, November 7, 2009

Do NOT Patronize The Following Spammers...!

Okay, this kind of thing has really got to stop.

Really.

My first review in a while was recently posted, and so what do I get? A message from our old friend Anonymous, pushing for those male-enhancement drugs where those guys all sit in a circle, playing guitars and singing its praises.

You know the one; I won't even give them the benefit of saying their name.

Anyhoo: I naturally did not allow the post to soil my nice clean blog, so no worries there, but this Anonymous made a fatal error in his/her/its (I'm leaning towards "its", myself) posting because, you see, these links for this drug all have to have been posted somewhere for the innocent masses to click if they are indeed fooled to do so. Therefore, rather than click the link(s) and give them the satisfaction, I simply right-clicked a link and chose "Properties". In doing so, I found that all of these links had the same exact originating site:

>>> simplyfired.com <<<

Now, DON'T cut and paste that link I just gave you up there, even if curiosity is gnawing at you. There's a purpose to this: I want you, all 12 of my faithful readers, to do you old Uncle Dope a favor. Go to the following link instead:

http://www.simplyhired.com/a/our-company/contact-us

...and use their little form they have to tell them that there is someone in their "organization" (probably some 350-pound neck-bearded online gamer in his middle-aged parents' basement, but anyway...) that is spamming otherwise respectable blogs, boards and such with male-enhancement drug advertisements - and this is NOT advertising that sells, nor is it a reason for anyone to want to visit their site for anything more serious than spam handouts. And tell them they need to have a word with Tiny McSpamalot and either dock him a month's pay, fire him, publicly flog him or given him paper cuts all over his body then rub lemons all over him - whichever would hurt the most.

These idiots really need to stop this. It isn't funny and it's damn irritating to get these things in your comments box when all you really want is actual commentary from actual humans. Not spam.

I hate spam. Detest it. Loathe it. And I loathe anyone who partakes in it. If you spread spam to people who do not want in in their in-boxes, comment boxes, message boards and legitimate communities, then I loathe you, too. Nothing personal, but there is such a thing as common decency - you may want to read up on it.

There. Now I feel better. Thanks.

I now return you to your regularly-scheduled blog.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment