Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, February 22, 2009

Oscar Results - Was I Right???

Well, as the Oscars are going on - not that I'm watching or anything... hey, I'd miss "100 Funniest Home Videos" if I did that! - I thought I'd better keep an eye out online (oscars.com) and see what, if any, of my "loser" predictions from a few posts back came through or not.

So, here we go.

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS - WINNER, Penelope Cruz (Vicky Cristina Barcelona) - Marisa Tomei lost, so I'm good on one.

BEST ANIMATED FILM - WINNER, WALL-E - Bolt came up a loser, so I called it right on this one, too....

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR - WINNER, Heath Ledger (The Dark Knight) - Okay, everyone stand on their heads who was surprised by this win. Duh.

BEST ACTRESS - WINNER, Kate Winslet (The Reader) - See there? I'm happy Kate got one, of course, but Melissa Leo? Come on....

BEST ACTOR - WINNER, Sean Penn (Milk) - Hey, now there's a surprise; but still, you notice that; poor old Mickey Rourke gets screwed out of an Oscar. Poor guy; I knew it'd happen, though.

BEST DIRECTOR - WINNER, Danny Boyle (Slumdog Millionaire) - As I'd said, another pass-over for Gus Van Zant, so another prediction remains unsullied. Sorry Gus, but what did I tell you about that Psycho remake?

and we can all finally go to bed with the announcement of...

BEST PICTURE - Slumdog Millionaire. All I can say is, thank GOD it wasn't that Benjamin Button crap. Ha!

And there you have it - all my loser predictions were right on the money! Yes! I am vindicated in not only my taste but that I also can predict what those money-grubbing suits in Hollywood decide and pass on to the nominating committee for these Oscar-things. Jury of your peers, my a....

Uh, yeah. I was right. Nyah, anyway.

Now, let's let the rest of Hollywood party hearty and leave us to get some sleep. okay? Back to regular business tomorrow.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment