Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, August 1, 2008

no thank you urban outfitters

so a couple days ago mara and I played a fun game from when I was younger which is get a catologue (we had a sears jewelry one and an urban outfitters one) and you each take a pen and circle the thing you like best on each page. (we're girls so this was fun to us).

the sears one was fun, but the urban outfitters one fucking suckedddddddddddd so bad. the clothes were completely uninspired, overpriced, and boring. I guess they're trying to cater to the "gossip girl" crowd b/c it definitely had a private-school uniform theme, but seriously, nothing was cute at all (except for 1 thing, see way below).

here are some of the ugly too-expensive things:

now I know urban outfitters has sucked and been overpriced for a while, but usually I am able to go in there once every few months and find something cute on the sale rack. the non-sale racks usually have some super cute things, but not for the price (i.e. the price does not outweigh the cuteness). but now, I don't think I will go in there again. I can't really see how anybody can justify $48 for a bland t-shirt or $68 for a boring cardigan. NO THANK YOU!

there was one redeeming factor in the catalogue, though. mara and I both really really love the shoes below. (there is a big white space that is part of the jpeg I can't remove)

wayyy too expensive for my blood ($178), but a girl can dream, can't she? and here they are on a model so you can see how truly adorable they are:


they kind of remind me of a more delicate version of the girl's outfit in amelie. she wore really cute thrift-type dresses w/ low doc martens, and whenever I tried that look it just looked dumb on me, but I think w/ these shoes it would look feminine and slightly retro.

No comments:

Post a Comment