Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

borrinnggggg

monday night was the costume institute gala something or other in nyc and the theme of the night was "superheroes: fashion or fantasy" ... I was going to blog about it before but I am lazy

so basically I don't understand why this was the most boring thing in the world. the theme of the night, "superheroes" was suchhhh an opportunity to dress amazingly, but most people didn't even try! they just dressed completely blah. not even ugly superhero tries (well, a couple, and their pics are below)

so here is a compilation of boringness, and some good stuff. first off, I don't know why the fuck everybody thought it would be a fantastic idea to dress in boring black and white (not even classic black and white)




and then -- come on models, I expect more from you. they don't even have something to lose if they go all out! instead they dressed ugly and boring.






and then of course there is just the plain ugly (although like MK's dress, I think she needs a head transplant)

here are some attempts at superheroes (I think):

anorexic ugly zombie hero

harlequin jester amazon hero

colorful confusing methface hero

of course, there were the ones that I thought did a good job with the theme and still looked v. good



(superhero on his day off going to a gala, a la bruce wayne)

and then, there are the just plain pretty dresses that don't really go w/ the theme but I like anyways




and my favorite picture of the night goes the the most fucking androgynous couple ever! (the one on the right is a boy, the one of the left is a girl) (I think)

No comments:

Post a Comment