Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, February 1, 2008

what is modhaus? this is!

I am so into this (if I wasn't poor). ModHaus is an online furniture/houseware/clothing/jewelry store based in Boston run by 2 antique roadshow-esque peeps that specializes in carrying unique pieces from the 1940s-1970s. I'm assuming their name is a play on bauhaus, but unfortunately my knowledge of architecture is limited, so there might actually be a style called modhaus that I've just never heard of before. Here is a sample of their ware:






Space age ceiling light w/ enameled metal frame ($95)






Deco brass ashtray in form of stork ($45)





Pair of lounge chairs ca. 1940s ($475)

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't exactly have the dough to drop $500 on a pair of chairs (and that is on the cheaper side of their furniture), but! if money weren't an issue, I do think some of the pieces are quite lovely. this is all part of my imaginary house. I daydream about my IH a lot. I could give a shit about my wedding, but my IH! I'm always thinking about what the kitchen will look like (1950s) and what my garden will look like (raised flower beds and vegetables growing out of a wheelbarrow) and I want a gentleman's club in my IH where everything is mahogany wood and dark red leather and we smoke cigars and play cards and there is a bar and a pool table and darts. oh. not like I think about it that much.

(sidenote to kd: we should give some serious thought to the online store thing)

No comments:

Post a Comment