Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, January 18, 2008

TMI-kd and comics

when i was in second grade, i sat next to this boy named danny bertonazzzi. i was in love with him. like, for 3 years, which is a long ass time if you are a little kid. anyway, everyday he would draw comic book characters(he was really good too so i thought that was really sexy); batman, various x-men, green lantern, sometimes superman (who we both later decided kind of sucked but this was around the time when superman was killed by doomsday in the comics so he was a hot commodity) and spiderman, too. so, wanting to win his heart, i got into comics too. I already really liked catwoman (i was her for halloween) so naturally i started collecting batman comics and cards and action figures and all that. I think i have about 53 batman comics, not including all the anthologies and special issues....but i digress. my point is, i still like comics now, so here is perry bible fellowship and red meat, which can be appreciated by comic aficionados and normal people alike.

perry bible fellowship is really witty (sometimes it's stupid/simple-witty) and i guess could be regarded as semi-political, though not overtly. it's also amazing because the artist uses a lot of very different styles.






red meat is weird dry humor. which is my favorite. it reminds me of my friend, john marx. it has a lot of really good characters like ted johnson, milkman dan, and mister wally.




oh and i also want to add to my life's history that during this same period of my life i was really into garfield comics, which are more like the above: in strip form, not comic book. and my granny sewed me vest made out of purple fabric with giant garfield faces on it making different expressions, which i wore just about everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment