Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, December 20, 2007

I Got Some Early Christmas Presents!!

Yes indeedily-do, I done did. :D

Okay, no more goofiness. I shall now continue.

The last few weeks, things have really been turning around for me and the family in general. Work is going well - nothing but compliments from my boss and co-workers (always nice). I'm in the middle of rehearsals for a local production of a stage adaptation of Stephen King's "Misery" (I play the James Caan part, for those who saw the movie), so that's sweet plus infinity. My wife got a part-time job and is looking for further employment after the holidays, so more money is trickling in little by little. And the best part of all is -

(drum roll)

Through some judicious trades and gifting, I got some very verrrrry nice DVDs!

Let's take a peek, shall we?

STARCRASH (aka: FEMALE SPACE INVADERS) - I mentioned this one a few posts back; a Star Wars ripoff from Italy that is as goofy and stiltedly bad as anything you're liable to see. And the special effects - hoo man, you have to see 'em to believe 'em.

See?



SUPERSONIC MAN - Yes! Hong Kong Cavalier got me the English language version of this absolute treasure (I already had the Spanish language version). And this is one that didn't disappoint...not by a long shot. Cameron Mitchell as a maniacal bad guy? Stereotyped buffoons as henchmen? A boxy robot from a cartoon show as a diabolical weapon of destruction? an aloof nobody as the hero? Thorough ripoffs of the Superman legacy left and right? All here, baby.

And I know I've shown this before but please, bear with me: I'm giddy.



PIECES - From the same director and a lot of the bit players from the movie just above this sentence. A lot of blood, guts, stupidity and a small part for Paul Smith, the guy who played Bluto in the movie Popeye and Beast Rabban in David Lynch's Dune. Oh, an done of the absolute best last scenes ever made. What is it? Rent it and see, bubba.



KING OF KONG ISLAND - And yes, it involves apes. It's also the messiest (as in "involves blood"), stupidest and most lazy movie I've seen in awhile. I'm glad it's mine.

For a rundown and other information (since I can't seem to find any flippin' videos online of this), click here, won't you? Thank you.

And a few better known discs in the fray as well (Mission: Impossible, Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Clue: The Movie), but yes, I got me some more movies!!

The best part of all of this? It ain't even Christmas yet!! The worst part? Now I need more shelf space for all my DVDs. :(

Ah well. Into every life, baby, the rain must fall.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment