Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Holding Back The Years...

Welp, as much as we hate to admit it, in a couple of days we'll all have to learn to write 2008 on our checks. The new year will be upon us and, as we are all wont to do, sit back and take inventory of what kind of year it was, what we got out of it and what we expect out of the next one.

Me first!

Needless to say, 2007 wasn't the best year for me. Looking back through my posts is a good indicator of that. For a couple of months I was posting strong (in fact, a lot more frequently than a lot of my betters - no offense, betters.) and was excited about a lot of what I was saying.

Thing is, there was also a lot of that horrible thing called "life" seeping in around the cracks and edges, making me doubt a lot of what I was doing - not just here but in every aspect of my life. It wasn't a pretty picture and, frankly, I didn't like the person I became as a result of it.

But then, closer to the end of the year, things did start to turn around (at a 10-degree angle, but they did turn), a little more money started trickling in, I got a job that was steady, I got more involved in the local theater (thee-ay-tuh!) and found an outlet for all my frustrated creativity. Not to mention the friendships I made here online strengthened and helped me out emotionally as well as psychologically - you already know about my upcoming changes to the blog here...what, you don't? Oh well...nevermind - hee hee - and in all things have just turned around for the better.

I guess what I'm getting at is that things are going to be good in 2008. Better, even. And I have so many people to thank for it that a list threatens to take up the rest of my space here. Just know what all of you who contributed to my newfound inner peace and tranquility that will see me carefully into the new year, I appreciate you all and thank you profusely. More than profusely, in fact... über-profusely!

So, as the clock ticks down and friends raise their champagne glasses and sing "Auld Lang Syne" and watch the ball drop, I'll be right here, keeping on, writing and smiling, being happy about how things are going. Thankful. A marked change from this time last year.

This will probably be my last post for this year, since I have a lot to get ready for in '08. That being the case, for all of my friends and acquaintances (all 12 of you), I wish you a Happy New Year, a prosperous 2008 and all the best in the coming months.

In fact, just for old times sake, watch this:



...but not until around midnight this coming Monday. ; ) ...and I'll see ya next year!

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment