Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Podcast?

Here's the thing: My good buddy Andrew Jones (his link is next door, and also check out Atlanta Jones, an even-better blog by the same dude) put the bug in my ear to start a podcast about a subject I feel strongly towards. Anything.

Well, seeing as how he's always giving me encouragement about things he seems to believe are within my grasp, maybe that isn't such a bad idea. You know, doing my own 30-minute podcast. Maybe I could start a Dopecast? Maybe....

The thing is, this'd be something cheap to do, Andrew said; all I need is a computer (which I have), a PC microphone (got that, too) and an idea or two.

Well, two out of three ain't bad.

I'd talk about movies, I guess, since that's the thing I know most about anyway. After all, it's not like I have a bunch of Nobel prizes and college doctorates lying around to expound on. But I do have a few copies of The Brain That Wouldn't Die scattered about. Well, not "scattered about" - they're all arranged alphabetically, according to the specific collection they're in on my direct-access DVD shelf located strategically next to my computer desk for quick and easy reference, along with my copies of "VideoHound's Golden Movie Retriever" and a few Roger Ebert yearly movie review books dating back to 1985.

So yeah...movies, then.

I guess it'll take me awhile to get stuff figured out, what to talk about, how to make it sound "professional" and get everything recorded and stuff (at least I have a copy of WavePad to use and play with the audio a bit, too). I guess the purpose of this posting then (besides prattling) is that I'm now going to (sometime soon) start my own Dopecast.

And there was much rejoicing. Yay.

Expect that, then. Sometime. Until then, plenty more to post about. And hey: now you'll be able to hear what I sound like. Like that's a bonus. :P

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment