Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Friday, November 3, 2006

And Now, A Special Announcement...

Some people say that it's relatively easy (maybe a bit too easy) to create and maintain a blog nowadays.

Sure, with all the benefits of ready-made blog sites (thanks again, blogger.com) anyone can make their own blog, personalize it and post whatever to whomever for whyever. But let me just address a question to anyone reading this who happens to have their own blog:

What is the importance of your blog?

I mean, sure; everyone's blog is theirs and is unique and different by specific classifcation. But as I see it, theer are two specific types of blogs out there:

A) Blogs that cater to the creator specifically and oft times contain numerous rambling posts that go nowhere and speak directly from the creator's own subconscious. And in this context, they are usually not self-serving exactly, but at they very least self-contained.

B) Blogs that exist for posting any and everything under the sun; there's not a topic per se to their individual posts but mostly links to other sites, videos, pictures without commentary, momentary shock value hot-button topicality and the occasional plug for whatever catches their fancy.

Now this is by no means a criticism of any kind; just an observation. I guess I'm just wondering to myself if there is something else I can be doing with what I have here rather than just ramble, post a video, ramble some more then say "Dope out" and end it until tomorrow.

Should I have a political slant? Could I be appealing to the conservationists of the world? Other cultures, maybe? Or how about being confrontational; opposing each and every viewpoint anyone else out there happens to have - this is after all the Internet: the home for anitsociality.

But what of it - is one person's blog more than an extension of their psyche; an embodiment of their id? Are we judged by what we post (on that question I can at least answer "yes".) or by what we pretend to be knowledgeable about?

What is the final answer, then - what is this world of blogging about?

I dunno; but here's the trailer for Night of the Lepus while you're thinking.



Gee, guess I'm a "B" personality.

Dope out. (geez, I'm getting so predictable)

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment