Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, September 10, 2006

THE Scariest Television Production Logo Ever Made! EVER!!

Okay, I don't know about any of the rest of you, but the stupidest junk scares me; loud noises, the dark, that kind of stuff. And TV production logos.

Yes, I've expounded on this before and yes, I felt stupid about sharing even then. But I'll have you know that I'm still so scared of those particular logos that I have yet to go back to that particular listing and review the videos again.

There's the familiar ones: The Paramount Blue Mountain Of Doom, The Viacom "V" Of Death, The Screen Gems "S" Of Death and so on. But at the time I'd posted that, there was still to be found the one TV logo that had (and does) still scare me senseless, make me cower behind furniture and run out of the room with my fingers in my ears, singing "la-la-laaaaaaaaaaaa" all the way out.

Welp, I've found it.

And in the interest of ridding myself of these emotional and psychological demons, I now post and share with you, without a doubt, the most harrowing TV logo of them all....

The Mark VII Limited Hammer of Doom.

This is the one; the one that gave me nightmares as a child up to now. I don't know what it is. I can't tell if it's something Freudian or Jungian or some other-ian type of hang up. Maybe it's the grimy, greasy hands that clasp the hammer and dye used. Maybe it's how the hand that holds onto the metal dye kind of tightens its grip before the hammer falls. Maybe it's the piercing "clang"s of the metal on metal. Maybe it's the sinister low-pitched drum roll in the background....

My God; the hair on the back of my neck is creeping as I'm writing about this. I'm such a wimp.

...Or am I? I'm sure there are those of you who were (or are) scared of this evil, wretychedly wicked monstrosity. In any event, this is why, to this day, I will never watch a Jack Webb TV show all the way to the end, lest I should run afoul of my old enemy, The Hammer Of Doom, again.

Okay, I've rambled on long enough about this. It's time to gird up my loins and post this stupid thing and get it out of my system and prove once and for all that there was a method to my wimpery.

...one more minute...

Okay, here's the logo we're all familiar with. (excuse me as I look away...)



For some reason, black and white brings out the creepy quotient even better....



Here is another variation, known as "Shocking Gold". Aptly named (shudder).



And here is a Mark VII logo from Webb's movie Pete Kelly's Blues. If anything, I think this is the scariest one yet.



Okay, that's it! Enough! DON'T MAKE ME POST ANY MORE OF THEM!!!

...uhh...sorry. Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment