Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Amy Winehouse Dead at 27.

Twenty-seven years old.  Wow.

Yes, I know and I'm fully aware that I've never mentioned anything about her before.  Oh, I could have, to be sure.  I could have made some disparaging remarks about all the drugs and the booze and the carousing and what all this had done to her body and how she became the shell of what she once was.  I could have...but I didn't.

Because I knew that something like this was going to happen.

The same thing that happened to Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, and other such singers who were just allowed to destroy themselves without any thought or restraint.  THEN people look back and say, "oh what a tragic loss"?  Like it was something that was inevitable - something that could never have been stopped?

I could use some expletives right now and explain that no death like this is non-preventable, but that's like screaming after the train after it crashes into a car that's been sitting on the tracks for years.

I don't know about you, but I've listened to a couple of Amy's songs and thought they were good, and have you heard her "comeback" album "Rehab"?  You ought to.

As far as the rest of this post goes, let me leave you with two things: the inevitable video:



And something else: this picture:


Just as a reminder of what used to be.

Rest in peace, Amy.

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment