Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Wednesday, August 1, 2007

What Is It About Turkish Movies?

Gall-DANG, but there's some weird movies out there.

I speak from experience, my friends, because 9 out of 10 of the movies I own are indeed of the strange variety. And those strange ones are indeed foreign. And of those foreign ones...

Yep: Turkish.

My last post was even about the Turkish version of Michael Jackson's "Thriller" video, so it should come as no surprise that I harbor at least a little apprehension in saying anything further about Turkey, their films or their culture in general, lest I run the risk of starting a social incident. Or something.

But anyway, if you are indeed familiar with Turkish films, you then know that they just love...no, make that LOOOVE...to copy films and/or TV shows from the States. Cases in point?

I already own The Turkish Star Wars (aka: Dünyayi kurtaran adam)...



As well as Turkish Star Trek (aka: Turist Ömer Uzay Yolunda)...



And yes, even Turkey's take on The Wizard Of Oz (aka: Aysecik ve sihirli cüceler rüyalar ülkesinde)...



But I've yet to get my grubby little hands on such masterworks as the Turkish versions of Superman...



Batman...



The Exorcist...



E.T. The Extraterrestrial...



And the one I simply must have beyond the shadow of a doubt: the Turkish remake of...




wait for it...




ready?...




RAMBO!!



Oh, Turkish cinema...why must you hurt so bad yet be so goooood?

Dope out.

No comments:

Post a Comment