Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Sunday, June 18, 2006

Scary TV Credits...Of DOOM!!

Awhile back, on one of my many 'Net haunts, I mentioned the fact that I (and millions of others, apparently) had an irrational fear of certain TV end production credits....

What are you looking at?

I swear, it's a real fear! Look, many of you are probably in my age group (40's, I readily admit) and know what I'm talking about. You've watched "The Brady Bunch", "Mary Tyler Moore", "I Dream Of Genie" and the like, and even enjoyed them...right up to juuuust after they showed the last credit.

And then the screaming starts.

There were just certain production company credits that made your skin crawl, gave you horrific chills, sent you cowering behind the couch cushions and screaming for mommy. And no, that is not an over-dramatization.

Several websites have detailed dissertations on the subject and go into great detail as to how and why these credits are so frightening. I'm not here to do that; I ain't got no hoidy-toidy degrees or college edjamacashuns to tell you the psychological ramifications of such Jungian fears. All I know is they scared the bejeebers out of me - and I'm sure they did to you, too, you're just too yellow to admit it. yeah, you heard me. Come on, admit it... buck-buck-ba-KAWK!

Alright, fine. Just for that, I'll just have to show you (through the wonders of YouTube.com) exactly what these scary TV credits are exactly. And don't say I didn't warn you.

First, we have the "'V' of Doom" from Viacom Television. Try playing this one on full volume.



Next is the "Blue Mountain of Doom" from Paramount. I hate you, Lalo Schifrin!



Here's the infamous Screen Gems "'S' From Hell". Aptly named.



This is a variation on the above, only known as the "'S' From Mexico". Better? Worse?



Now, there's nothing inherentlty scary about the cute little kitten used for the MTM Productions logo. The little bugger's kinda cute (Mimsie is its name, I understand). ...but WHY do they feel it necessary to do different variations on the poor little thing when no one expects it. Scared the blankety-blank out of me!

Like, here's what they did to Mimsie at the end of the last episode of "Newhart":



Even Mary Tyler Moore can't stay away....



Moving on; if you had no idea what to expect with British television (or "The Muppet Show"), this one would probably throw you off television for life. Oh well, God Save the Queen!



And, since I couldn't find the Mark VII Limited logo (THE scariest logo ever conceived), I guess that's all I have to share that I've actually seen. I'm sure you've seen more but hey; I'm only 40. ;)

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment