Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Monday, June 26, 2006

"Dünyayi kurtaran adam" - a.k.a. The BEST "Star Wars" Ripoff EVER!

First of all, as a couple of previous postings may have already told you, I am a big Star Wars fan. have been since back in the day and yes, I'm the guy that even has nice things to say about Episodes I and II.

JarJar; he's my homeboy.

So you may be surprised to know that I love other movies that emulate SW and its inattainable mythos. Such as the following does...or maybe it doesn't, I dunno. But you can't say they didn't try, at least as far as their budget would allow them. One, in fact, has held me enthralled ever since I've seen it. I just can't say enough about it, save for the fact that it rocks mine and everybody else's socks off for a 500 square mile radius.

Dünyayi kurtaran adam is the movie in question, coming as it does from Turkey - the Bollywood of...well, let's just say they have their own method of film-making, just like India, and let's leave it at that. Copyrights? Nah. Original ideas? Forget 'em. Good special effects? Good is subjective. This film must be seen to be believed. For a film that contains as much footage from Star Wars and music from other movies altogether, and even throws in some footage here and there from Basil Rathbone's last film The Magic Sword, this one is weird mamajama.

But allow me to show you just HOW weird Dünyayi kurtaran adam is, those who stil believe their is sanity in the world. Some clips should suffice:

A training montage of legend, wherein rocks play an important part.



And a fight against shaggy muppets and guys in skeleton costumes with helmets. What the hero does to that last red muppet is just cruel.



...but that should give you an idea of what to expect.

Now, go find a search engine and seek out a copy to buy. It's money well-spent. Trust me.

Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment