Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ADDENDUM - "Star Wars" Ads

My bad, folks.

In my rush a couple of days ago to share with you some of the nearly lost of the SW adverts from back in the day, I nearly forgot the grand-daddy of them all, the holiest of Holy Grails: the very ad that got me psyched for SW and made me a collector of its memorabilia (what my wife so quaintly calls "junk") to this very day.

Anyone out there remember Burger Chef? Not King - Chef. Yeah, not many do nowadays; heck, I don't even remember what their burgers tasted like (maybe that's why they aren't around anymore?). Anyway, I'd end up there every so often after seeing the latest Disney flick at the Smoot Theater. Funny; even after a bag of popcorn and an Orange Crush, I'd still have room for a burger - ah, to have retained the metabolism of a twelve year-old...but I digress.

It was with this very ad that I started my massive collection I now have (and I still as yet have the self-same posters and, I think, most of the SW glasses they sold seperately). Yeah; posters, cards, figures, playsets, comics, standees, etc. I was such a geek then...at least moreso than the geek I am today...but again with the digressing.

Anyway, if you have any memory of the original Star Wars, Burger Chef, what a 49-cent large drink (!) was and the thrill of ownership of that FIRST piece of memorabilia...click below and enjoy. You're welcome.



Dope out.

-TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment