Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010: That Was The Dope That Was...

Well, as I stand here at the butt-end of another year, it only seems fitting for me to look back at what I hath wrought both as a reviewer AND as a blogger, seeing what - if anything - I have accomplished.

Well, first off, I can proudly say that I have been doing the same thing for five years now and, hard as it is to believe, I'm still doing it. Granted there have been some rough spots, half-thought posts and an overall air of sloppiness in this here project of love of mine. But leave us to face facts: at least it's MY sloppy project of love.

Now, as far as my accomplishments in this blog this year....

* This was the year I celebrated my first Dope-A-Palooza, in celebration of my fifth year of blogging. It was quite a month full of stuff and, along with that, my very first contest in which the winner (or was that LOSER) got their very own copy of my very own feature film, Death 4 Told. Alex from Film Forager was the proud recipient and was all too glad to tell us of the fact, too. Bless your heart, dear; you're a good sport. And just to show there w ere no hard feelings after the fact, she still posts here time after time. Love you too, Alex.

* This was also the year I became a LAMB. That is, a part of an organization of movie bloggers that don't mind having me as a member. It's a good feeling and Jason Soto of Invasion of the B-Movies is responsible for bringing me into the fold. Thanks, pal; this is the first time I've joined anything that didn't require a cash membership fee nor a jacket and tie - AND all I have to do is this! Easy....

* I also broke the magic number of 100 movie reviews this year thanks to diligence and perseverance. It's kinda like losing 100 pounds only you actually get 100 instead of losing it and it's not as fattening...unless you eat stuff as you watch. THEN it's fattening. Still, I couldn't have done it without Jerry Lewis and World War II to help me out.

* This year also marked the ongoing series of not only Foreign Poster Atrocities and The Adventures of Big Giant Robot but also some new things like The Worst Posters Ever!!! and TGWD's Photo and Poetry Corner, not to mention my well-honed observations as to why 1985 Was The Worst Year For Movies. That was my favorite.

* And here's a big thing; with this review I am now at 226 postings for 2010 - the most I've had for any year so far. Not as easy as it sounds, and I did ignore 139 or so other days, but you know what? I still think I did a good job writing what I did. Even if a lot of it was posting YouTube videos...those vids are there for a reason, folks; never be too proud to push the "SHARE" button over at YouTube.com....

* Guess what else? I also got up to 64 followers on the blog-er-roo! Okay, I did lose one and another I can't show their avatar because it's just too...too...inappropriate, but hey: at least 63 is a respectable number, too. Remember the good old days when I would quip about my twelve faithful readers? I have more than that now, but even if only 12 of them comment on what I have to say, that still makes me happy.

So I guess you can say that I've done quite a bit with what I have to work with here. Heck, my gracious benefactor Andrew even renewed my domain!! He is a good man, proud to have him for a friend. Hmm...gonna haveta see about him doing a guest review or somethin'....

And now, with this being my very last post of 2010: I guess I should make a resolution.

...

On second thought, I think I'll just keep doin' what I've been doin'. Worked great so far.

Thanks again to all of you who do follow me for whatever sadistic, masochistic reason you follow me. If not for you, my writings would just sit there and be unread, save for me reading them over and over. You guys are great. Thanks for everything!

As I wrap this up, allow me to end this as any blog post should end this time of the year: with a ball drop.



Hmm. Not quite what I had in mind, but whatcha gonna do?

Have a great new year's, gang and - for the last time this year - Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment