Get Paid To Promote, Get Paid To Popup, Get Paid Display Banner -->

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Brace Yourself: I'm About To Recommend Something....

Okay, let me get something off of my chest first - this may come as a complete shock to you, but I love movies.

(head smack)

It's not simply a matter of loving the mere act of watching movies; I love ownership. Knowing exactly what movie it is that I want to watch. Seeking out that particular movie. Finding it. Getting it. Watching it. Putting it up on my shelf. Watching it again at a later point down the road. Repeating the process.

Which is why I really love it when I can talk about what I am about to talk about now: For you see, with the Internet being what it is, you can find something for just about anyone and any proclivity.

So then it comes as no surprise that I have been able to find a website that caters to my own wants.

Forgive the large print, but it is necessary for you to see I'm serious about recommending one of the best sites in the world for a movie collector such as myself:


Swaptree is a trading-based site whose philosophy is simple: people come on, bearing books, video games, DVDs and music CDs they no longer want, post them and offer them to trade to someone else on the site who has something that they are wanting instead.

...and believe it or not, I have a few books, CDs and such that I do not even look at anymore. Even a couple of DVDs. SO I have taken them, posted them on Swaptree, made up a "want" list and have, so far, received the following:

Donnie Darko DVD
Hercules in New York DVD
Koyaanisqatsi DVD
"Eat This, Not That!" book
The Avengers DVD
BattleStar: Galactica (1978 movie) DVD
Jaws The Revenge DVD
Star Trek (2009) DVD yep...Star Trek
Halloween: 25 Years of Terror documentary DVD
Elvira's Movie Macabre Double Feature - Blue Sunshine & Monstroid DVD
Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen DVD (2-disc)
Challenge of the SuperFriends - Attack of the Legion of Doom DVD
George Lucas in Love DVD
The Producers (1968) DVD
The Haunted World of Edward D. Wood, Jr. documentary DVD
The Greatest Story Ever Told DVD

...and the hits keep on a-comin'!

Being a Swaptree member is certainly exciting; for the cost of postage alone, you can get music or movies or some such that you otherwise may not find. And it's easy and free to join: just a little information and that's it - all you ever pay for is mailing our your item to its recipient. And then you get the thing you want from the other end of the trade.

Seriously, what could be simpler?

Okay, now that you have the address, go to swaptree.com, sign up, dust off those old DVDs and CDs and book and video games and get started swapping!

And hurry; you may have something I want!

Dope out.

- TGWD

No comments:

Post a Comment